Power to Change is launching a new £5 million package of support to help community businesses affected by the Covid-19 crisis to adapt, renew and rebuild their businesses so they can remain financially viable and best serve their local communities during the pandemic’s ‘new normal’.
The Community Business Renewal scheme has been designed by Power to Change based on evidence and input from partners and community businesses themselves. It aims to support community businesses in a variety of ways and working with partners it will include:
- A new fund offering unrestricted grants supporting resilience, renewal, and restructure of community businesses.
- Capacity strengthening support to help community businesses increase knowledge, resilience , and equip themselves to ‘re-boot’ successfully.
- Two match-funding programs to support community businesses with different types of fundraising.
- Tailored support to help community businesses protect community assets.
- A program of work highlighting the role community business can play in economic recovery.